If you have ever had web hosting before, I am sure that you have had to deal with the tech support department at some point for various issues. Probably the most common problem faced by website owners is not being able to see or get to your website. So when faced with this problem the first thing you do is contact the support department. But sometimes they are not always so helpful.
Below are what I feel were the worst replies that we have come across when dealing with this specific issue from various hosting support departments.
(These are in order of least to worst)
10. Thank you for holding, all our reps are assisting other customers. we appreciate your patience. (this continues for 30 minutes to an hour)
9. Have you tried restarting your computer?
8. Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
7. This is a web browser issue and not a hosting issue
6. There is nothing wrong with the server you are on
5. You need to submit a ticket with our exact problem so we can help you better
4. Sorry, I am only level 1 support. You will need to contact our level 2 support.
3. Are you sure you have hosting with us?
2. Your website is coming up just fine for me
1. ………. (getting no response at all)
I am sure some will chuckle after reading these but I know some will cringe because they will have undoubtedly received some of these responses. Names of the hosting companies were left out because, to be fair, it depends on the individual rep and not the overall company that would give these responses….at least that’s what we would hope.
This article is the original work of Web Hosting GPS (http://www.webhostinggps.com). Web Hosting GPS is a top rated independent web hosting review and rating site providing professional web hosting reviews and recommendations of the best web hosting providers.
To republish this article, this notice must be included with all links and content left intact.